The kind of investor you are is determined by your resource constraints: the cash you set aside to invest, time available, ability to travel, etc. Try answering the following questions.
- How much money do you have currently dedicated to this strategy?
- How much time do you have to spend searching for tax lien certificates?
- What is your level of experience as an investor?
- Are you willing and able to travel to the properties associated with the tax lien certificates you purchase?
Tax Lien Certificate Investor
If you answered “I don't know” or “No” to any of the above questions, you're probably not cut out to be a tax lien certificate investor.
Tax lien certificate investing requires a significant amount of time and effort to be successful. New investors often underestimate the time required to find, purchase, and manage tax liens. If you don't have the bandwidth to dedicate to this strategy, you'll likely find yourself frustrated and unsuccessful.
Additionally, tax lien certificate investing is a hands-on strategy. You can't simply purchase a tax lien certificate and forget about it. You need to be prepared to visit the property, manage the tax lien, and eventually evict the occupants if they don't pay up. If you're not willing or able to put in the work, tax lien certificate investing is probably not for you.
Finally, tax lien certificate investing is a niche strategy that requires a bit of experience and knowledge to be successful. There's a lot to learn about the tax lien process, from finding properties to auction to understanding the tax lien process in your state. If you're not an experienced investor, tax lien certificate investing may not be the right strategy for you.
If you answered “Yes” to all of the above questions, tax lien certificate investing may be a good fit for you. Tax lien certificate investing can be a great way to earn high returns on your investment with relatively low risk. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, tax lien certificate investing can be a profitable strategy.
Investing in tax lien certificates can be a great way to earn high returns on your investment, but it's not for everyone. If you're not prepared to dedicate the time and effort required, you'll likely find yourself frustrated and unsuccessful. However, if you're willing to put in the work, tax lien certificate investing can be a profitable strategy.
Tax deed Investor
Most tax deed investors will have to travel to evaluate properties and make purchases at the auction. Most tax deed states require the investor to attend the auction to make a purchase. There are a few tax deed investor strategies that don't require travel, but they are generally less profitable. If you are an investor that is looking to travel to tax deed auctions, here are a few tips.
- Do your research – There are a lot of different tax deed investor strategies out there. You need to find the one that fits your personality and budget. Not all strategies are created equal. Some require more money and some are more labor intensive. Do your research and find the strategy that is right for you.
- Get to know the market – Before you start bidding on properties, it is important to get to know the market. Go to a few auctions and see what types of properties are being auctioned off and for how much. This will help you get an idea of what to expect when you start bidding.
- Have a budget – It is important to have a budget and stick to it. There is nothing worse than getting caught up in the heat of the auction and spending more money than you intended. Know how much you are willing to spend on a property and stick to your budget.
- Do your due diligence – Once you find a property you are interested in, it is important to do your due diligence. This means checking out the property to make sure it is worth the price you are willing to pay. You don't want to end up with a lemon.
- Have fun – Don't forget that this is supposed to be fun. If you are not enjoying yourself, then you are in the wrong business. Find a strategy that you enjoy and stick with it.
If you follow these tips, you will be well on your way to becoming a successful tax deed investor. Happy hunting!
You can learn more from our free and informative workshops. Join us: https://www.tlwbevents.com/workshop