Minnesota Tax Deeds
|Sale Type:||Tax Deed|
|Bid Method:||Highest Bidder|
|Sale Date(s):||Fall (May vary by county)|
|State Statute(s):||Chapters 279-282|
Minnesota State Overview
In Minnesota, county tax collectors or treasurers sell tax deeds to the winning bidders at the delinquent property tax sales.
- Tax Sale Type: Tax Deed. (Sec. 282.301).
- Contact: Tax Collector. (Sec. 282.01).
- Interest Rate and/or Penalty Rate: Not applicable.
- Bid Procedure: Premium bid / highest bid. (Sec. 282.01).
- Redemption Period: Not applicable.
- Law: Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 281 “Real Estate Tax Sales, Redemption,” and Chapter 282 “Tax-Forfeited Land Sales.”